Use this interactive map of Volcano Village to explore the local activities, sights and landmarks. The map shows the location of our favorite activities and restaurants in the Volcano Village area. Clicking on any icon will show you more information and, if present, take you to the relevant page on our website.
See the list below the map for a quick overview of all our favorites and for links to read more about them.
Our favorite activities in the Volcano Village area:
- Volcano Winery: Vineyard and wine tastings on the slopes of an active volcano!
- Volcano Art Center: Educational center that organizes local events, demonstrations, classes and workshops.
- Akatsuka Orchid Gardens: Large orchid grower that organizes tours and serves lunch
- Volcano Village Farmers Market: THE social event of the village. Early every Sunday.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: The #1 tourist destination in the whole of Hawaii: A national park that encompasses parts of two active volcanoes.
- Halema’uma’u overlook: Part of the park but worth a separate mention. This is a must-see stop before sunrise or after sunset as you can see the glow of the lava lake in the Halema’uma’u crater.
Our favorite restaurants in the Volcano Village area:
All the following restaurants are described in more detail on our page on restaurants in Volcano Village.
- Tuk-Tuk Thai Food Truck: Great and good value thai food.
- Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant: Good food in a cozy lodge-setting.
- Thai Thai: Not as good value as the Thai food truck but with indoor seating options.
- Cafe Ono: Only open for lunch, serves locally produced, vegetarian organic dishes.
- Eagles Lighthouse Cafe: Great sandwiches and chili. Good place to pick up some food for on the road while exploring the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- ‘ōhelo cafe: is the best ‘fine dining’ experience in Volcano Village. Not cheap but worth a splurge.