Tour Summary: Zipline through Paradise covers nearly two miles of gorgeous tropical river gorges. Fun for the whole family with views of multiple waterfalls while soaring over 160 feet above them!
- Zipline across 8 different courses on a 4-hour tour
- Experience the only side-by-side dual-track zipline in Hawaii
- Enjoy the thrill of soaring over epic landscapes
- Kamaaina rates available (Valid Hawaii State ID is required upon checkin)
- GoPro Helmet Cam upgrade available
Important: This activity is not for pregnant women or anyone with a history of heart, neck or back ailments. Due to safety regulations the maximum weight for participants is 275 pounds, there will be a charge for guests who want to be observers only, and do the walk but not the zip.
Tour Provider: Kapoho Kine
Tour start time: Multiple departures between ~ 9 am and 1:15 pm
Duration: 4 hours
Departure from: Hilo
Pick-up available? No
Included: Fresh fruit and water provided ()
Cancellations: 24 hours notice required to cancel for full refund
You can read more about this activity in our Ziplining guide.
This is a family adventure going through almost two miles of gorgeous tropical river gorges. It involves 8 ziplines, the longest of which covers over 2.400 feet distance, and the tour lasts 3.5 to 4 hours. All lines are located close to Hilo on the lush Hamakua coast.
Zip and Swim upgrade
The zip and swim upgrade adds a nature hike through the same rainforest you just zipped over and through, plus an optional swim in one of the many private waterfalls. This package also includes a deli lunch you’ll enjoy after the zipline as you lounge in a tropical paradise.
What To Bring:
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Shorts, pants, and t-shirts are ok
- Light jacket, sunglasses, and hat suggested
- Bring your still or video camera to take advantage of photo ops galore.
Zipline through paradise video
The following video shows several of the ziplines you will use on this tour (skip to 0:26 to skip the intro):
KapohoKine Adventure is dedicated to using sustainable tourism to preserve and protect Hawaiian open space and legacy farm holdings. They work with local farmers and land owners to help them keep their farms producing and their open space free from development, and have access to special places normally off-limits to visitors.
KapohoKine is both a sponsor and a fully certified member of the Hawaii Ecotourism Association. Several factors that have earned them their membership are that they:
- Offset their carbon use through carbon credit purchases,
- Use reusable plates and utensils on their tours,
- Removing invasive species and propagating and replanting natives, and
- Work on preservation studies and programs with state institutions such as the the DNLR and the University of Hawaii.
We are affiliate partners with Kapoho Kine meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!