Tour Summary: Double your adventure with the Kohala Zip and Dip Combo Tour and explore the enchanting lands of North Kohala. This 8-hour tour takes you from Kona to the oldest volcano in the Big Island for an inspiring and exhilarating day. Zipline high above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley & swim under a private waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
- Take a fun off-road drive through private lands in open air 6WD Pinzgauers
- Stroll through a private nature reserve and see secluded waterfalls
- Swim under a private waterfall
- Eat lunch at a private picnic spot overlooking Polulu Valley
- Fly through Kohala Zipline’s full aerial canopy course, including 9 lines, 5 sky bridges and a rappel
- Go Pro Rental upgrade available
Important: Closed-toe shoes required, this tour is not for expectant mothers or anyone who has had recent injuries or surgeries. Bring a bathing suit (can be worn under clothes), hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
|(excluding booking fee)||$264||$235.20|
Tour Provider: Kohala Zipline
Tour start time: 8 am
Duration: 8 hours
Departure from: Hawi
Pick-up available? Yes! Transportation from several resort areas in Kona and Waikoloa starting at ~ 6am
Included: Gear provided: Walking sticks, warm wear, towels, day packs and rain ponchos. Snacks, deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and filtered water are available throughout the tour.
Cancellations: Guests of the regular tours will receive a full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Private tours customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Read more: about ziplining on the Love Big Island website in our ziplining guide.
Kohala Zipline has put in place detailed protocols based on best practices established by the CDC and their partners in the industry. Here are a few highlights:
- Smaller tours: public tours will be limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
- More affordable private tours: a new option for travel parties from 1 to 8 people to book private zip experiences at a more affordable price point.
- Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
- All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
- COVID-19 screening: all Staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
- Paperless check-in to minimize contact on-site.
- Open-air transport: all Transportation to and from the top of our course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
- Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
Ziplining is a very family friendly outdoor activity that allows you to take a ride through the lush rain forest canopy of the Big Island. The lines are built high above scenic areas and geological features such as ravines, jungles, meadows, and forests. A zipline tour lets you explore these surroundings as you soar through them at a height between ~30 and 200 ft above ground.
This is both a zipline and an exploration tour, as you will travel between several stunning places in North Kohala for ziplining, lunch with a fantastic view of Pololu Valley, and a swim in a private waterfall!
The tour starts with a safety briefing and an off-road drive to the top of the course. There you will find 9 ziplines, 5 suspension bridges and several tree platforms, all of which get inspected for safety twice a day. The total course length of the ziplines is 4,580 feet (1,395 meters) and the total height differential is 140 feet (42 meters). Both ensure a good time, especially because you will have the ability to choose the speed and orientation of your zipline.
Note that all participants must be at least 8 years old and that some physical activity is required. You should be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. Finally, weight limits between 65 and 270 lbs (29.5 and 122 kg) apply for safety reasons, participants will be weighed at check-in.
Kohala Zipline was founded in 2011 by the owners of Hawaii Forest and Trail, and shares the same high standards for tours when it comes to safety and customer service. They comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; The Asscociation for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
Kohala Zipline is a member of the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i and employs certified guides to ensure safety and comfort, and that share their extensive knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
Kohala ziplines was featured on Good Morning America and Wheel of Fortune, and has received the following local awards:
- 2014 HAWAII Magazine 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Zipline Company & Course in
- 2013 Kona Kohala Chamber of Commerce: Pualu Award for Business Innovation
Finally, Kohala Zipline gives back to the community by supporting the following Conservation and Education Non-Profit Organizations with in-kind and direct financial support:
- North Kohala Community Resource Center
- Friends of the Future
- Three Mountain Alliance
We are affiliate partners with Kohala Zipline meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!