Tour Summary: 8 lines, 6 sky bridges, and a rappel make this the only full canopy tour on Hawaii Island. Set within a towering forest on a private nature reserve, this aerial adventure is perfect for beginners and experts alike. Certified guides ensure safety and comfort and share their extensive knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Enjoy majestic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture systems from centuries ago
- Take a fun off-road drive in a 6 wheel drive Pinzgauers to the top of the zipline course. Enjoy a complimentary treat of local macadamia nuts, trail bars, and fruit snacks
- Capture the fun with a GoPro camera rental or have your guide take photos for you with our photo system designed specifically for ziplines
Important: Participants must be at least 8 years old and weigh between 65 and 270 lbs (participants will be weighed at check-in). You must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not for expectant mothers. Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended.
|(excluding booking fee)||$199||$174|
Tour Provider: Kohala Zipline
Tour start time: Several options between 8 am and 1:30 pm
Duration: 2.5 to 3 hours
Departure from: Hawi
Pick-up available? No
Included: Rain wear, water, snack, and all safety gear.
Cancellations: Guests of the regular tours will receive a full refund with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Private tours customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Read more: about ziplining on the Love Big Island website in our ziplining guide.
Private Option Available: The Kohala Canopy Zipline Adventure is also available as an “Ohana Outing”. This private option is tailored to small to mid-sized parties who would like a private experience but do not necessarily need all the “bell & whistles” of a fully customized private tour, and is priced at $850 for up to 4 people and $150 for additional guests. Maximum 8 guests per van.
Book as an Ohana Outing
Kohala Zipline has put in place detailed protocols based on best practices established by the CDC and their partners in the industry. Here are a few highlights:
- Smaller tours: public tours will be limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
- More affordable private tours: a new option for travel parties from 1 to 8 people to book private zip experiences at a more affordable price point.
- Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
- All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
- COVID-19 screening: all Staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
- Paperless check-in to minimize contact on-site.
- Open-air transport: all Transportation to and from the top of our course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
- Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
8 lines, 6 sky bridges, and a rappel make this the only full canopy tour on Hawaii Island. Set within a towering forest on a private nature reserve, this aerial adventure is perfect for beginners and experts alike. Certified guides ensure safety and comfort and share their extensive knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course
The following video shows the Kohala ziplines. Looking for more? Add lunch and a Waterfall Swim!
The tour starts with a safety briefing and an off-road drive to the top of the course. There you will find the ziplines, suspension bridges and several tree platforms, all of which get inspected for safety twice a day. The total course length of the ziplines is 4,580 feet (1,395 meters) and the total height differential is 140 feet (42 meters). Both ensure a good time, especially because you will have the ability to choose the speed and orientation of your zipline.
Note that all participants must be at least 8 years old and that some physical activity is required. You should be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. Finally, weight limits between 65 and 270 lbs (29.5 and 122 kg) apply for safety reasons, participants will be weighed at check-in.
Kohala Zipline was founded in 2011 by the owners of Hawaii Forest and Trail, and shares the same high standards for tours when it comes to safety and customer service. They comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; The Asscociation for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
Kohala Zipline is a member of the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i and employs certified guides to ensure safety and comfort, and that share their extensive knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
Kohala ziplines was featured on Good Morning America and Wheel of Fortune, and has received the following local awards:
- 2014 HAWAII Magazine 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Zipline Company & Course in
- 2013 Kona Kohala Chamber of Commerce: Pualu Award for Business Innovation
Finally, Kohala Zipline gives back to the community by supporting the following Conservation and Education Non-Profit Organizations with in-kind and direct financial support:
- North Kohala Community Resource Center
- Friends of the Future
- Three Mountain Alliance
We are affiliate partners with Kohala Zipline meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!