A Ziplining + Waterfalls tour by Umauma eXperience. Back to all Big Island tours.
Tour Summary: Spend an adrenaline-filled day zipping 9 lines, followed by swimming, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding at the Umauma River (lunch included)
- 9 long lines with 2 miles of spectacular ziplining
- Includes 1 Hour of swimming/kayaking in private swimming hole with waterfall
- Ocean views, beautiful scenery, and over 14 waterfalls to see (including the Umauma Falls)
- Cross a Suspension Bridge over a river gorge, lava tube and fern grotto
- Ages 4 & up, great for the whole family and groups
- No Ziplining experience necessary
- Catered private lunch
Important: Check in is 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time. Ages 4 and up, with weight limits between 35 lbs. (16 kg) and 275 lbs. (125 kg) max.
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$294||$274|
Tour Provider: Umauma eXperience
Activity: Ziplining + Waterfalls
Tour start time: 10 am (9:30 check-in)
Duration: 3.5 - 4 hours
Departure from: Hilo
Pick-up available? No
Included: Latest safety gear, including helmets and harnesses. Use of Kayaks . Catered lunch at private pavilion adjacent to the falls
Cancellations: 24 hour cancellation policy: Bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before tour time will be charged in full.
Read more: about ziplining in our Big Island ziplining guide.
Double up on a memorable Zipline and Waterfall adventure – a great mix of outdoor activity, adventure and beautiful scenery.
The Dip: Relax and swim at the private pond and nearby waterfall
Begin by zipping through the air with the 9-line Umauma Falls Zipline Tour (see description below), followed by an hour-long play in a natural pool with private waterfall —swimming, kayaking and jumping down the falls into the deep pool with cool, clear water. Afterwards enjoy an early afternoon with a catered lunch at a private pavilion adjacent to the falls, delivered by a utility zip-line.
The Zip: the Umauma Falls Zipline Tour
The Umauma Falls Zipline Tour has nine (9) long lines with 2 MILES of spectacular zipping, over 14 waterfalls and with great ocean views.
The first four lines are long dual lines which means you can zip next to a friend, and include a zipline over 2000 feet (610 meters) length that lets you soar over the river and many waterfalls
Other highlights include a crossing over a 200 feet suspension bridge that takes you over a water filled lava tube and fern grotto, and a close up view of the dual waterfall part of the Umauma Falls. You also get to view these famous triple-tier falls from a special shelter for zipline guests only.
Important: Requirements & Restrictions
To make sure that you will have the best possible time we highlight the most important requirements for this tour below:
- Check-in 45 minutes prior to your tour time. For example, if you booked a 10:00am zipline tour you need to arrive at 9:15am for check in.
- Moderate to advanced physical activity – must be able to climb 3 flights of stairs and walk for short distances.
- Ages 4 yrs. and up.
- Weight: 35 lbs. (16 kg) min – 275 lbs. (125 kg) max
Other good things to know are:
- No experience necessary
- Tours run rain or shine. Rain-wear will be provided in the event of wet weather.
- Pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions as well as persons with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate.
- Closed-toe footwear, such as sneakers of hiking boots should be worn. Be sure to tie back long hair. Glasses should be secured with a strap. Make sure you remove any sharp objects from your pockets.
Video of the Umauma Falls Zip n Dip Experience
See the following video for a 30-second impression of the Zip n Dip experience:
the Umauma eXperience observes the following enhanced check-in procedures to ensure the safety of their guests and crew:
All guests are required to wear a face covering (face mask, bandanna, face gaiter, etc.) during check-in and when social distancing is not possible. Children under 5 years old are not required to wear a mask. We highly recommend guests bring their own face covering as we may not have enough supplies to accommodate all guests.
All crew incorporates social distancing measures, and guests are also asked to work to maintain social distance (6 ft or more) from other guests on the property when possible.
Upon check in at the Visitor Center, all guests are required to undergo a simple health screen before being allowed on the property.
We are affiliate partners with Umauma eXperience meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!