A Whale watching + Snorkeling tour by Kona Snorkel Tours. Back to all Big Island tours.
Tour Summary: Combine snorkeling and whale watching with this adrenaline rush adventure in a 14 passenger Zodiac speed boat
- Fast moving boat, adrenaline rush guaranteed!
- A small and close to the water surface boat gives you a good up-close views
- If no whales are seen, come again for free
- Small group: 14 guest max
Important: Ages between 6 - 50 only and passengers should not be pregnant or have neck or back problems. Swimming and snorkeling skills required.
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$124.99|
Tour Provider: Kona Snorkel Tours
Activity: Whale watching + Snorkeling
Tour start time: 1 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Departure from: Honokohau Harbor
Pick-up available? No
Included: Snacks and drinks. Snorkeling gear. This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Cancellations: Full refund when canceling 72 hours before the tour and in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Read more: about whale watching in our Big Island whale watching guide.
The Whale Watch & Reef Snorkel is a combined snorkeling and whale watching adventure in a small 6 to 14 passenger Zodiac RIB navy seal speed boat that guarantees a more personal experience. The snorkeling location and time of tour vary between 2 and 4 hours depending on where the whales are, the weather, etc.
Now, we hear you wonder, is smaller better when it comes to whale watching? That depends on who asks of course. Here are, according to us, the important differences:
- Larger boats are more stable and have more comfort and facilities on board (toilets for example!). Larger boats are also higher above the ocean surface, giving you better far-away views.
- Smaller boats move faster allowing their passengers to get better views of whales (before they dive again). Small boats are also closer (lower) to the water which gives you a better up-close view.
If a smaller boat sounds just like what you want, this is the whale watching tour for you! If you like the comfort and stability of a larger boat you can have a look at this whale watching cruise by Body Glove.
We are affiliate partners with Kona Snorkel Tours meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!