A Waterfalls tour by Kulaniapia Falls. Back to all Big Island tours.
Tour Summary: Skip the crowds and get access to the largest privately accessible waterfall in Hawaii - includes swimming / kayaking / paddleboarding
- 5-hour access to Kulaniapia Falls and surrounding nature trails
- Kayak and paddlboard rentals are available when river conditions are suitable for swimming
- At 120ft, the Kulaniapia Falls are 40ft taller than the famous Rainbow Falls!
Important: Please bring everything you need to enjoy your day (towels, swimwear, etc.), lunch, and a (refillable) water bottle. There is a refilling station, but no food / drinks are sold on-site
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$49||$29|
Tour Provider: Kulaniapia Falls
Tour start time: 10:00am
Duration: 5 hours
Departure from: Hilo
Pick-up available? No
Included: Also includes discounts on the Waterfall Rappelling tour and Farm to Table Cooking Class.
Cancellations: Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation for 2 guests, 72 hours for 3-4 guests, and 7+ days for 5 or more guests. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to safety or other unforeseen circumstances, however, please note, we operate rain or shine. On days when swimming is not safe, you may still access the trails, etc, but we do not provide refunds in such cases. Contact the Inn at Kulaniapia Falls by phone at 808-935-6789 to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Read more: about waterfalls in our Big Island waterfalls guide.
Kulaniapia Falls is a private 120 ft. waterfall on the Waiau Stream situated on the lower slopes of Mauna Kea not far from Hilo.
Together with 3 other waterfalls, the Kulaniapia waterfall is located on the grounds of the Inn at Kulaniapia and up until recently access to their waterfalls was restricted uniquely to their overnight guests.
Now they have opened up their grounds to a limited amount of daily visitors. This means that you never have to worry about crowds!
Together with only a limited number of guests each day, this daypass gives you access to the waterfalls and to their 40-acre property, where you can enjoy miles of trails, incredible views of 4 waterfalls, bamboo gardens.
When river conditions are safe for swimming, you can also rent kayaks or paddle boards.
Good to know:
Have a good look at the following rules before making your reservation:
- Important: There is no access to the property without an advance reservation.
- Same day bookings, when available, are subject to additional fee of $20/guest.
- Your daypass gives you access to Kulaniapia Falls from 10am to 3pm. You must arrive promptly at 10am. After 10:30am, late arrivals are subject to an additional fee of $20/guest.
- The daypass gives access to the grounds rain or shine. Swimming / kayaking / paddleboarding is only allowed when river conditions are safe, but trails are always open. While no refunds are provided due to unsafe swimming conditions, if conditions are unsafe on the day you book, you may come another day, free of charge.
Discounts on the waterfall rappel and farm-to-table cooking class
Your daypass also includes a $50 discount on other guided experiences and adventures on the property such as the waterfall rappel and the farm-to-table cooking class.
To use the discount you can signal your interest while booking the daypass. Alternatively, you can send us an email for assistance.
We are affiliate partners with Kulaniapia Falls meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!