Tour Summary: Sail to two of the best snorkeling spots on the Kona coast with a spacious 45 foot trimaran. Breakfast & Lunch are included on this tour from from Keauhou. You will see the vibrant reefs of the Marine Sanctuary of Kealakekua Bay and "Red Hill", with underwater lava archways and lava tubes.
- 45 ft (14 m) Trimaran (more stable than a Catamaran) with two restrooms, tanning nets, a shaded galley, and a fresh water shower.
- Snorkel at two of the best snorkeling spots of the island
- GoPro rentals available to take your own awesome (underwater) videos and pictures of the day
|(excluding booking fee)||$137||$82||$32|
Tour Provider: Sea Paradise
Tour start time: 8:30 am
Duration: 4.5 hours
Departure from: Keauhou Harbor
Pick-up available? No
Included: Breakfast, lunch, snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins), flotation noodles, life jackets, and fish identification cards
Cancellations: Cancellations require 24 hour advance notice on regular bookings and 72 hour advance notice on private charters. You must call (800) 322-5662 or 808-322-2500 to cancel your tour. No refunds will be issued if you do not call to cancel in the required time prior to your scheduled check-in time.
Read more: about snorkeling on the Love Big Island website in our snorkeling guide.
To better protect you and other customers, Sea Paradise has increased their health and safety measures on all of their sailing and snorkeling tours. To ensure the safety and well-being of their guests and staff they are following CDC recommendations, and have now implemented the following measures:
- A reduced tour capacity to ensure social distancing.
- To minimize contact guests must now sign a waiver online and can directly check in at the boat – no more stopping by at the office.
- The Sea Paradise crew will be required to take a temperature check and will be monitored for any COVID symptoms.
- All surfaces and equipment are scrubbed and sanitized before, during, and after each tour.
- Snorkel equipment is scrubbed and disinfected before and after each tour.
- Food items will be served by an assigned crew member wearing protective equipment.
- A cashless bar for credit/debit card purchases is now available.
- Currently both crew and guests are required to wear masks unless they are eating, drinking, swimming, snorkeling, active, or medically unable to wear.
- Hand sanitizer is provided on all tours, hand washing stations are available to staff and guests.
- An amended cancellation policy to encourage anyone experiencing symptoms to either cancel or postpone their trip.
The “Hokulani” is a 45 ft (14 m) Trimaran with two restrooms, tanning nets, a shaded galley, and a fresh water shower. The shape of the boat provides a more stable and smooth ride than a catamaran. Snorkel time is approximately one hour at each location, and breakfast and lunch are served while sailing.
Please don’t forget to bring yourself: swim wear, a cover-up, sunglasses, reef safe sunscreen, a hat, towel, and camera.
Typical snorkeling itinerary:
The Hokulani sets sail from Keauhou Bay at 8:30 am and you are served a tropical style breakfast while you sail past the beautiful Kona Coast. After about 45 minutes the boat arrives in the Historic Kealakekua Bay where you can see the Captain Cook Monument.
Before entering the water the crew will give you a site briefing and basic snorkeling instructions. Life jackets, flotation noodles, and viewfinder boards as well as masks, fins, and snorkels are provided and crew members will help you enter and exit the water if needed.
Kealakekua Bay is a Marine Sanctuary and one of the best snorkeling locations on the Big Island (it’s in our top 3!). Make sure to bring an underwater camera to capture the colorful schools of fish and the landscaped ledges of ancient lava flows. Pods of spinner dolphins are also commonly seen in the bay. If you don’t have an underwater camera but would like to take videos and photos you can also rent a GoPro with 16GB SD card that you can take home afterwards.
After about 1 hour of snorkeling time lunch is served and the boat sets sail to the second snorkeling destination of the day (weather permitting): Red Hill. The Red Hill area is home to unique underwater lava formations such as archways and lava tubes, and more snorkeling with schools of vibrant sea life.
After yet another hour in the water you return back to Keauhou Bay arriving by ~1 pm.
You will receive direction to the boat at Keauhou Bay after you sign the e-waiver presented during the online booking process.
Sea Paradise is an original manta ray tour expert in Hawaii, helping its guests get up close and personal with these majestic creatures since 1985.
They are a valued member of the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i and dedicate a lot of resources to environmental conservation and community service projects. For example, they donate and volunteer for the Surfrider Foundation and the Hawaii Wildlife Fund.
We are affiliate partners with Sea Paradise meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!