Tour Summary: ATV tour over 5.5 miles of off-road trail, with incredible ocean views and a swim at the private waterfall. Complementary lessons + solo and multi-passenger vehicles available, making this a great family activity.
- 4×4 single-driver ATVs or Side x Side UTVs (2-seat or 4-seat) allowing for ride-alongs. Good for families!
- Includes a 20 minute break at our private waterfall and pond where a light local snack is provided, as well as the option to cool off and take a quick dip
- Great for all skill levels! Fun practice course to familiarize riders with ATV operation
- Plenty of photo opportunities of beautiful waterfalls and tropical scenery
Important: All drivers must have a valid driver’s license and present it at check-in.
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$212|
Tour Provider: Umauma eXperience
Tour start time: 9am and 1pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Departure from: Hilo
Pick-up available? No
Included: A light local snack during the 20-minute break at the waterfall. Complimentary lessons on a practice track available if needed
Cancellations: ATV Tours operate rain or shine. We will cancel with full refund if there is thunder or lightning. We do have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. Cancellations or reschedules within the 24-hour period will not be refunded. Reschedules are based on availability.
Read more: about atv in our Big Island atv guide.
Take in the beautiful views of Umauma and the Hamakua Coast on this ATV off-road excursion over a private 5.5 mile course. Beginning drivers can get complimentary lessons on a practice track if needed, and there are both single-driver 4×4 Honda ATVs available as well as or Side x Side UTVs (with 2 or 4 seats) if some members of your group prefer to ride along.
The lush Hamakua coast receives lots of rain which means lots of muddy fun. Donʻt forget to bring swimwear because the tour ends with a 20 minutes break at a private waterfall and pond where a light local snack is provided, and where you can rinse off all the mud and take a 10 ft jump next to the waterfall.
See the following 30-second video for an impression of the muddy trails:
Important: Policies for drivers and passengers
- Not for people with a history of neck or back injury. Not for pregnant women.
- You must wear closed toe shoes, pants and a shirt.
- Max weight for drivers: 350 lbs. Max weight for back seat passengers: 250 lbs.
- Passengers 4-11 years old must ride with parent/guardian in SXS. Passenger in Guide driven Ride-Along must be 12 years old and up with parent/guardian on tour.
- ATV Drivers must be 16 and over with parental permission and accompanied by parents or guardian on tour.
- SXS Drivers must be 18 and over.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license and present it at check-in.
We are affiliate partners with Umauma eXperience and any booking on this page you make is made directly with Umauma eXperience. We receive a percentage from the activity provider for each successful booking made through our website but this happens without any additional charge to you. (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!