A Snorkeling + Cruise tour by Body Glove. Back to all Big Island tours.
Tour Summary: Step aboard a 65’ Catamaran for a fun-filled day of adventure! This 4.5 hour cruise offers breakfast, BBQ lunch, and all the comforts you would expect from being on a $2 million vessel.
- 2+ hours of snorkel time in the Red Hill area (not Kealakekua bay)
- BBQ Lunch + plenty of shade and cushioned seating
- Board a multi-million dollar catamaran, loaded with luxury features to provide you with the most comfortable snorkeling experience in the industry
- 20 foot water slide & 15 foot high dive platform
- Excellent chance of dolphin or other marine mammal sightings
- Gluten free, vegan, or vegetarian meals available upon request (at least 48 hours in advance of your tour)
Important: Towels are not provided, so bring your own!
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$158||$94||$free|
Tour Provider: Body Glove
Activity: Snorkeling + Cruise
Tour start time: 8 am
Duration: 4.5 hours
Departure from: Kailua Kona
Pick-up available? No
Included: All your snorkel gear. Breakfast & Lunch. Soda, soft drinks, & snacks. Full service cash bar serving local spirits, craft beers and blended libations. Wetsuits are available for rent
Cancellations: Parties of nine or less will receive full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Parties of ten or more require 72 hours notice of cancellation for a full refund. Full refunds will be given in case of operator cancellation.
Read more: about snorkeling in our Big Island snorkeling guide.
Step aboard a 65 ft Catamaran for a 4.5 hour fun-filled day of adventure!
There’s an excellent chance of dolphin and other marine mammal sightings while cruising to the remote snorkel site. Dolphins, for example, were seen on 85% (17 out of 20) cruises last year.
The Kanoa II, a multi-million dollar catamaran, is loaded with luxury features to provide you with the most comfortable snorkeling experience in the industry. Cruise 10 miles to a protected and secluded marine sanctuary, teeming with thousands of tropical fish.
Bring your suit and towel, and know everything else is included: continental breakfast and BBQ burgers which are all individually boxed, reef-safe sunscreen, snorkel gear, flotation devices and toys, a 20′ waterslide, three bathrooms, showers and a full service cash bar. Great family fun!
Dolphin sighting policy
Body glove follows NOAA’s policy dolphin encounters and adheres to the dolphin SMART practices. This means that they do not put guests in the water to swim with dolphins. It is possible (likely) that you will see dolphins during the tour because they love to play in the wake of the boat as it travels to and from the snorkel destination.
Image credit for most images used on this page: Body Glove Cruises.
Body Glove Hawaii is certified by the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i which means that their tours are eco-friendly, culturally educational, and as sustainable as possible.
The tours operate from Kona with the Kanoa II, a 65-ft catamaran. The Kanoa II is an award winning, multi-million dollar vessel that offers plenty of shade (very important with our strong sun!), cushioned seating, flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment, and a full-service premium bar. The Kanoa II is further equipped with:
- Three restrooms
- Two fresh water showers
- A 20-foot water slide
- A 15-foot high dive platform
- Two large double swim platforms
- Flotation toys for everyone.
The crew includes a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain, First Mate, licensed bartender, and deck hands. All of the crew is trained in first aid and C.P.R. The cruises are wheelchair friendly and kids 5 and under are always FREE.
You can see an impression of the Kanoa II in the following video:
To ensure the safety of their guests and crew, Body Glove is making the following adjustments to their tours:
- For the comfort and safety of everyone on board, Body Glove requires that guests agree to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth while boarding and disembarking the vessel.
- All Body Glove employees, crew and wait staff are trained and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
- All snorkel gear, flotation toys, noodles, jackets, etc. are washed, scrubbed and soaked in PureGreen24, a registered product on the EPA list which kills Coronavirus, MRSA, Norovirus and more. PureGreen24 disinfectant retains a 24-hour residual effectiveness.
- ALL touchable surfaces; vessel railings, counter tops, restrooms, handles, table tops, etc. , are cleaned with with Oxivir ®TB – Hospital Grade Disinfectant Cleaner, which kills coronavirus in 1-minute.
During the booking process guests will be asked to sign a waiver that includes the following wording:
- I certify that I am not displaying signs of COVID-19 and to the best of my knowledge have not been
in contact with any individual confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 72 hours.
- I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury
or harm to myself or my minor child(ren) including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death,
and illness, including developing COVID-19; and any damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any
kind, that I may experience or incur, arising out of, caused by, or in any way related to exposure to the
coronavirus or COVID-19 through participation in any ocean adventures.
We are affiliate partners with Body Glove meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!