A Sunset Cruise tour by Body Glove. Back to all Big Island tours.
Tour Summary: 3 hour narrated historical dinner cruise along the gorgeous 12-mile coastline between Kailua Kona and Kealakekua bay. Step aboard and journey back in time, when ancient, powerful kings ruled the rugged and fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Relaxing cruise to Kealakekua Bay, reachable only by boat or hiking
- Humpback whale sightings possible during Whale season (December to April)
- Learn about the history of over 50 points of interest and historic sites from a local historian
Important: This is a 24 mile round trip sightseeing cruise *without* the possibility to go snorkeling.
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$158||$94||$free|
Tour Provider: Body Glove
Activity: Sunset Cruise
Tour start time: 4 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Departure from: Kailua Kona
Pick-up available? No
Included: One complementary cocktail. Light appetizers upon boarding. Hawaiian style dinner. Sunset & live entertainment
Cancellations: Parties of nine or less will receive full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Parties of ten or more require 72 hours notice of cancellation for a full refund. Full refunds will be given in case of operator cancellation.
A dinner cruise that journeys the 12 miles down the Kona Coast to Captain Cook’s monument while a local historian points out over 50 points of interest and historic sites. Discover Hawaii’s rich history with one complementary cocktail.
On the way back to Kona you can listen to live and local entertainment while watching the tropical sunset. Keep an eye out for marine life as we often see spinner dolphins, mantas and seasonal humpback whales along the way.
Good to know:
- All Cruises depart from the Kailua Pier, check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure time. This cruise is 100% wheelchair friendly with a customized boarding ramp to accommodate all wheelchairs.
- Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free meals are available with 48-hours notice.
- This Historical Sunset Dinner Cruise is very popular and sells out often. We highly recommend making reservations in advance.
About Kealakekua Bay
Kealakekua Bay was settled thousands of years ago and ruled by Native Hawaiians. This sacred area marks many archeological and historical sites and is the site of the first extensive contact between Hawaiians and Westerners with the arrival of Captain Cook in 1779. It is also known for the Battle of Kealakekua Bay where Captain James Cook lost his life.
Read more about Kealakekua Bay on our website.
Image credit for most images used on this page: Body Glove Cruises.
Body Glove Hawaii is certified by the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i which means that their tours are eco-friendly, culturally educational, and as sustainable as possible.
The tours operate from Kona with the Kanoa II, a 65-ft catamaran. The Kanoa II is an award winning, multi-million dollar vessel that offers plenty of shade (very important with our strong sun!), cushioned seating, flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment, a full-service premium bar, and three restrooms.
The crew includes a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain, First Mate, licensed bartender, and deck hands. All of the crew is trained in first aid and C.P.R. The cruises are wheelchair friendly and kids 5 and under are always FREE.
To ensure the safety of their guests and crew, Body Glove is making the following adjustments to their tours:
- For the comfort and safety of everyone on board, Body Glove requires that guests agree to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth while boarding and disembarking the vessel.
- All Body Glove employees, crew and wait staff are trained and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
- All snorkel gear, flotation toys, noodles, jackets, etc. are washed, scrubbed and soaked in PureGreen24, a registered product on the EPA list which kills Coronavirus, MRSA, Norovirus and more. PureGreen24 disinfectant retains a 24-hour residual effectiveness.
- ALL touchable surfaces; vessel railings, counter tops, restrooms, handles, table tops, etc. , are cleaned with with Oxivir ®TB – Hospital Grade Disinfectant Cleaner, which kills coronavirus in 1-minute.
During the booking process guests will be asked to sign a waiver that includes the following wording:
- I certify that I am not displaying signs of COVID-19 and to the best of my knowledge have not been
in contact with any individual confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 72 hours.
- I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury
or harm to myself or my minor child(ren) including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death,
and illness, including developing COVID-19; and any damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any
kind, that I may experience or incur, arising out of, caused by, or in any way related to exposure to the
coronavirus or COVID-19 through participation in any ocean adventures.
We are affiliate partners with Body Glove meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!