The “da big kahuna” Hawaii quiz is the most fun and easy way to learn facts and trivia about the Big Island. Go from zero to hero in 10 questions and find out if you are shark bait, or that you can call yourself “da BIG kahuna” from now on.
Of course, you can cheat a bit and prepare for this quiz by reading up on your Hawaii facts at our our Big Island facts sheet. Prepare to become a real Hawaii expert but above all have fun!
Hawaii Kama'aina Quiz
Share your score on Facebook, Twitter and Google+Do you think your friends can do better (or worse!)? Share your score on Facebook and Twitter and invite your friends to take this quiz:
|Share on Google+|
Your rise to Kama’aina stardom – Hawaii quiz score chart
Are you one of those inevitable typical clueless tourists (shark bait, because the sharks find the white skin so tasty) or a die-hard Kama’aina (literally: child of the land)? Find out what your score means with this score chart, and don’t forget to share your score with your friends!
- 0-2 questions good: Shark Bait – the stark white skin tourists like to tan while visiting the 50th state sets them apart. Why “shark bait?” Because in the ocean, sharks find that white skin so visually yummy.
- 3 – 5 questions good: Kook – the Kook is typically a poor surfer and talks a “Big Game.” Kooks act as though they know everything there is to know about surfing and yet they are horrible surfers. The Kook typically knows all the surf slang but knows little about surf etiquette and how to actually surf.
- 6 or 7 questions good: Return Visitah – self explanatory. You are no stranger to Hawaii but still have much to learn.
- 8 or 9 questions good: Hanai – literally: Adopted. As close as you can get to be a native Hawaiian without being genetically related.
- ALL questions good: Da Big Kahuna. – Kahuna means priest, sorcerer, doctor, or other highly skilled person. You got it all!